5 ways libraries can make things better are listed as:
- Carry a wide range of unabridged audio and large print titles, and supplement the selection through inter-library lending from the public and voluntary sectors.
- Ensure a Disability Equality Scheme is in place that properly recognises the needs of blind and partially sighted people.
- Ensure catalogues, reference materials and computers and other equipment is accessible to all users and that staff are trained to provide necessary support.
- Buy a large print version if only one copy of a book is affordable.
- Staff should be trained in disability awareness issues and able to offer assistance when it is required.